What was supposed to have been a ‘year in review’ piece has turned into a ‘Whoops! Christmas cheer got the better of me (again)!’ list of lists. Happy new year and may all your resolutions be ever kept!
12 seiyuu performances I’ll remember
1. Otsuka Hochu as Sato (Ajin)
2. Ishida Akira as Yurakutei Yakumo VII (Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju)
3. Yamadera Koichi as Yurakutei Sukeroku II (Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju)
4. Ono Kensho as Tanaka (Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge)
5. Koyasu Takehito as Roswaal L Mathers (Re:Zero)
6. Tsuda Kenjiro as Fango (91days)
7. Hosoya Yoshimasa as Epizo Evans (Bubuki Buranki)
8. Yuki Aoi as Hinazuki Kayo (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)
9. Kamiki Ryunosuke as Tachibana Taki (Kimi no Na wa)
10. Kanemoto Hisako as Uasaha (Jakusansei Million Arthur)
11. Kimura Subaru as Tendo Satori (Haikyuu!! S3)
12. Ando Mabuki as Ujibe Nagisa (Keijo!!!!!!!!)
10 favourite seiyuu moments
1. Handa-kun’s eraser song: Hondo Kaede – I don’t want youuuuu to get dirtyyyyyy
4. Step on them idol wota pigs! (says Uchida Maaya)
5. IT’S JJ STYLE (courtesy of Miyano Mamoru)
6. SEXUAL HARASSMENT!!! (by the seiyuu who is doing that to everyone else)
7. Crab song (from the anime nobody watched)
8. Nyan shogi (by the 3 cutest seiyuu cats)
8 seiyuu I had tremendous love for, for various reasons
1. Senbongi Sayaka – She’s improved so much since Kitakubu
2. Hondo Kaede – Real-life Yae, the type who unwittingly offends others
3. Lynn – I used to think she was just a boring, generic heroine voice but Keijo changed that
4. Onishi Saori – 2016 has been great for Saorin but 2017 will be even better.
5. KENN – I loved his Gieve, and I loved all his idol animu charas even more cos that meant he’d have plenty of idol songs to sing *swoon*
6. Taneda Risa – Get well soon! I never knew how much I’d miss your voice!!
7. Hosoya Yoshimasa – I can never not love a Hosoyan character (except maybe well…read somewhere below)
8. Okamoto Nobuhiko – Only he can make fatty Nikaido sound so sawayaka
6 rookie seiyuu on my watchlist
1. Kito Akari
2. Horie Shun
3. Toki Shunichi
4. Fujita Akane
5. Tomita Miyu
6. Takada Yuki
1. Hanae Natsuki as Mythos in Active Raid – Mythos is supposed to be some mysterious genius with a cherry tomato fetish but Hanae couldn’t make it work for me; instead, I burst out in laughter at that bitch imouto tomato scene.
2. Hosoya Yoshimasa as Haruhiro in Grimgar – Cool refreshing Hosoyan voice is a totally bad fit for an emo teenager.
3. Hanae Natsuki as Kusakabe in HaruChika – I don’t mean to pick on Hanae specifically but…he just doesn’t sound right as Kusakabe, who’s meant to be some brilliant teacher that the kids worship – he comes off sounding more like a condescending asshat.
4. Aoi Shota as anyone in anything – The guy really can sing but man his acting! His 滑舌 skills are close to zero and he appears to be able to produce only one type of voice – dead. It’s like listening to a talking tsundere corpse…
2 favourite seiyuu radio shows
1. Sakura to shitai Onishi (Sakura Ayane, Onishi Saori) – I didn’t think listening to seiyuu talk about random anime-unrelated stuff could be interesting, but these two have a kind of ‘chemistry’ that just works. I love chalk and cheese personalities! (why does Onisshi keep getting put together with people who are so different from her….) Also, I thought Morse Shingou was the worst idea ever, before it turned into the best segment ever.
2. Shadowverse Channel (Yuki Kana, Sakura Kaoru, Ishigami Shizuka) – Like Blazblue Radio Mk II with the plus point for me being that I actually kind of play Shadowverse so I have fun watching the match-ups too. Please bring Ogura Yui on to a Nama and let her be corrupted!