In case you were wondering where post #46 had gone to…here it is. This just shows how I can sit on completed posts without actually remembering to push the publish button XD
Name: Uesaka Sumire (上坂 すみれ)
DoB: 19 December 1991
I’m sure you know more about Sumipe than I ever will! I only recently made a concerted effort to remember her name since she’s in two of my favourite shows of the moment – KanColle and Cross Ange (LOL).
This was #13 in the Seiyuu no Wa series from January 2014.
1. Please tell us how you became a seiyuu.
I was impressed by how cute Momoi Halko’s acting as Komugi-chan in Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magikarte was, and I came to admire the seiyuu profession.
2. What was your début anime role?
Lady C in Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream.
3. Of all the shows you have acted in thus far, is there any character that has left a particularly strong impression?
My first ever regular role in an anime as the heroine Takanashi Sora in Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai.
4. Please tell us if any of the characters you are voicing now share any similarities to yourself.
I think I share similarities with Peach Maki-chan from Houzuki no Reitetsu where her low-tension monologues are kind of like how I am when I’m alone at home.
5. From all the shows you’ve been in, please tell us about any one scene that left a particularly strong impression.
A scene from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, in which I voice Dekomori Sanae-chan, where she was complaining while in tears, thinking about her master Rikka.
6. Please tell us any horror stories or memorable tales from the recording studio.
The first time I took part in an afureko session where I had no idea how to turn the pages of my script to minimize paper noise, and how a senior kindly taught me the proper way.
7. Are there any seiyuu you see as rivals or as someone to aim for?
My first ever seiyuu experience that is Momoi Halko-san; I admire everything about her, starting from her mental attitude.
8. If you weren’t a seiyuu, what do you think you would be doing now?
Studying Soviet history while managing a used bookstore on a small scale.
9. What’s the hardest thing you’ve experienced as a seiyuu?
It’s not exactly a struggle, but I was surprised to learn how broad seiyuu work can be – not just voice acting but also involving events, character song recording, and radio work.
10. On the flipside, what’s the happiest thing(s) that has happened to you as a seiyuu?
Getting to meet lots of people who love the characters that I have voiced.
11. Do you like singing?
I get nervous about singing in public, but I do like it.
12. From all the radio shows you have hosted, were there any mails that left an impression on you?
The times when radio listeners’ pen-names are so hilarious that I don’t even get to read the actual contents of the mail.
13. Is there anything you take particular care about when you’re acting?
I prepare as much as possible in advance and when it comes to the actual recording sessions, I try to loosen up and focus on character interaction.
14. What kind of roles would you consider your specialty?
Cheerful girls with particular quirks.
15. Tell us what goals and dreams you have as a seiyuu?
To meet people from around the world who love Japanese anime, I hope to respond to those feelings.
16. To the people who are aiming to become seiyuu, please give them a word of advice.
Believe in what you love, and never forget the feeling of fun.
17. Apart from the shows that you’ve been in, are there anime that you like to watch?
I often refer back to my Armored Trooper Votoms collection, from the TV series to the OVA to the artbooks and model sheets.
18. In relation to the above, are there any types of roles you’d like to voice or perhaps, characters that you admire?
19. As a viewer, what kind of anime do you like?
Hard-boiled shows, real robot shows, bishojo shows, shows with dystopian settings.
20. What kind of child were you?
A very good child who would definitely listen to everything the adults said.
21. Please tell us what TV programmes do you often watch?
Sekai no Shaso kara.
22. Tell us what your favourite books are.
Russia o Shiru Jiten (Encyclopedia of Russian Knowledge)
23. Tell us what your favourite game is.
24. Tell us what your favourite movies are.
25. Tell us about your favourite music.
26. Tell us what your motto is.
Марш,марш,вперёд! (March, march forward!*)
*so Google Translate tells me…
27. Tell us about any of your experiences with sports.
Really, nothing in particular…
28. Tell us what songs you often sing when you go to the karaoke.
Kato Hayabusa Sentoutai.
29. Tell us what your favourite foods are.
Lamb chops, chilled tomato, eihire (stingray fin), octopus with wasabi.
30. Tell us what foods you hate.
Celery, chestnut rice.
31. Tell us about the stores you often go to.
32. Do you have any favourite snacks?
Kinoko no Yama.
33. Do you drink? If you do, what sort of drinks do you like?
I like vodka and red wine.
34. What did you do on your last day off?
I went to the Ofuna Kannon in my hometown.
35. If you had a whole week off, what would you do?
Take a trip on the Trans-Siberian railway, or visit the two cities of Moscow and St Petersburg.
36. Are there any hobbies that you’ve been obsessed with recently?
Staring at LED lights, or buying towels and dressing gowns.
37. Tell us about any qualifications you have.
EIKEN English Proficiency Level Two, Kanji Proficiency Level Two.
38. What challenges would you like to take on within the next 10 years?
39. What type of guy do you like?
Someone whose eyes show their zest for life.
40. Which part(s) of a guy do you notice most?
The area between the neck and the shoulder.
41. Tell us the most expensive thing you’ve bought recently.
Lolita fashion clothing.
42. What is the one thing you most desire now?
Fyana from Armored Troopers Votoms’ cosplay outfit.
43. If you could bring only one item to a deserted island, what would it be?
A light wheeled armoured vehicle.
44. If you had 1,000,000 yen that you could spend as you wish, how would you use it?
Splurge on stuff in Mandarake.
45. Please tell us if there is anything that you do on a daily basis, habits etc.
Listen to the Soviet national anthem.
46. Please leave a message for your fans.
Hello everybody! Recently, I’ve been worrying about my excess sodium intake due to the consumption of huge amounts of corn potage soup. Also, my first album Kakumeiteki Broadway Shugisha Doumei has been released!
47. Do you remember the first time you met Okubo Rumi-san?
I think it is when I was allowed to follow Rumirumi-san around for a day in advance of my joining the the Lady Go!! radio show lineup.
48. (A question from Okubo Rumi) “I can’t sleep if I don’t have this!” Do you have something like that? If you do, tell us what it is…? harharhar
A teddy bear.
49. Please tell us which seiyuu you get along well with.
50. Please leave a question for Misawa Sachika.
If you had to gattai to join a battle what would you choose to combine with – a fighter jet or a tank?
I think I learned a lot from translating this. And I find her kind of scary now LOL