Figured that I might as well do Ruru’s 50 questions while I’m on a roll. This article came earlier (in March 2014) than the other two translations I’ve done so far and there’s a fair bit of repeat-answer stuff.
1. Please tell us why you became a seiyuu.
Because I’d always loved manga and anime since I was young♪
2. What was your début anime role?
Saki Zenkoku-hen’s Mase Yuko.
3. Of all the shows you have acted in thus far, is there any character that has left a particularly strong impression?
The one who has been with me right from my first ever audition – Jogasaki Mika-chan.
4. Please tell us if any of the characters you are voicing now share any similarities to yourself.
I think I might be fundamentally similar to Akuma no Riddle’s Kaminaga Kouko-chan. Hehe.
5. From all the shows you’ve been in, please tell us about any one scene that left a particularly strong impression.
I had fun having to express my feelings of a non-human character I was voicing just by saying the word ‘kyun’♪
6. Please tell us any horror stories or memorable tales from the recording studio.
When I accidentally picked up and used a pen that was lying on the skirt of the person sitting next to me (lol)
7. Are there any seiyuu you see as rivals or as someone to aim for?
My aim is to be like the many seniors of mine who give me important advice.
8. If you weren’t a seiyuu, what do you think you would be doing now?
A day-care worker♪
9. What’s the hardest thing you’ve experienced as a seiyuu?
How I wallow in helplessness over my own lack of ability- -。
10. On the flipside, what’s the happiest thing(s) that has happened to you as a seiyuu?
That I’m able to voice act.
11. Do you like singing? What has left the biggest impression when it comes to singing thus far?
I’m happy and delighted that people get to hear my singing♪ Karaoke is…ummm…..
12. From all the radio shows you have hosted, were there any mails that left an impression on you?
Recently, the mails that went “It’s embarrassing for me to write in to a radio show about my problems…” (lol)
13. Is there anything you take particular care about when you’re acting?
It’s important for me to keep in mind “I want to act out the role this way!” but at the same time, I try not to be bound by those rules.
14. What kind of roles would you consider your specialty?
Oh I would never be presumptuous enough to say that I have anything like a specialty (￣◇￣；)！
15. Tell us what goals and dreams you have as a seiyuu?
I want to be in a kids’ anime!!
16. To the people who are aiming to become seiyuu, please give them a word of advice.
L-let’s not be discouraged, and do our best together!!
17. Apart from the shows that you’ve been in, are there anime that you like to watch?
18. In relation to the above, are there any types of roles you’d like to voice or perhaps, characters that you admire?
When it comes to characters I admire, Cure Sunshine aka Myodoin Itsuki-chan, and Potpourri! I love them.
19. As a viewer, what kind of anime do you like?
Anime where the characters are all lively☆
20. What kind of child were you?
I had very little hair, my mom used to call me Hagechabin (lol).
*hagechabin is an Osaka-ben phrase – bald (hage) as a teapot (chabin).
21. Please tell us what TV programmes do you often watch?
22. Tell us what your favourite books are.
Lunatic Zatsugidan. It’s the first ever manga I bought♪
23. Tell us what your favourite game is.
24. Tell us what your favourite movie is.
25. Tell us about your favourite music.
I can’t choose, so I’ll pick my own songs (lol)
26. Tell us what your motto is.
“There’s no way that a person who wouldn’t even pick up a piece of rubbish lying at his feet could get picked up by chance in Aoyama!” – a line from Kinpachi sensei.
*refer back to this post for an explanation.
27. Tell us about any of your experiences with sports.
A bit of judo.
28. Tell us what songs you often sing when you go to the karaoke.
I don’t go to karaoke…
29. Tell us what your favourite foods are.
Plum candy, potatoes, meat, sashimi.
30. Tell us what foods you hate.
Vegetables (lol), cream stew, mayonnaise.
31. Tell us about the stores you often go to.
Old-fashioned teishoku restaurants.
32. Do you have any favourite snacks?
Plum candy, cola candy.
33. Do you drink? If you do, what sort of drinks do you like?
I’m not much of a drinker, but I do drink Cassis Orange.
*a cocktail that is part Crème de cassis, part orange juice
34. What did you do on your last day off?
I slept for most of it, then practised a bit of singing.
35. If you had a whole week off, what would you do?
Go back to my hometown.
36. Are there any hobbies that you’ve been obsessed with recently?
37. Tell us about any qualifications you have.
Normal driving license.
38. What challenges would you like to take on within the next 10 years?
To put it bluntly…I just want to voice the main character.
39. What type of guy do you like?
Someone with a gentle demeanour, or someone with a ‘dark’ personality.
40. Which part of a guy do you notice most?
The back of his neck?
41. Tell us the most expensive thing you’ve bought recently.
A bullet train ticket.
42. What is the one thing you most desire now?
43. If you could bring only one item to a deserted island, what would it be?
44. If you had 1,000,000 yen that you could spend as you wish, how would you use it?
Save all of it~.
45. Please tell us if there is anything that you do on a daily basis, habits etc.
Play Monster Hunter.
46. Please leave a message for your fans.
Thanks for everything! I’m always cheered up by your support. Yoshimura Haruka is going to do her best!!
47. Do you remember the first time you met Suzaki Aya-san?
Yes I do!! I got to know her during training school and our first conversation went like this “Hey there~if you’re free would you like to go have some tea?” (lol)
48. (A question from Suzaki Aya) If you came over to my place to cook a meal together, what would you like to make? If possible, choose something simple! (￣▽￣*)
Ehhh! But we messed up the last time we tried to cook instant noodles~ (￣口￣；) I guess we should try to get our revenge on those instant noodles~.
49. Please tell us which seiyuu you get along well with.
Numakura Manami-chan, Suwa Ayaka-chan, the good friends I made while working on iM@S and Saki, and of course, Suzaki Aya-chan ♪
50. Please leave a question for Numakura Manami.
Numakura Manami-chan, if I were an animal what would I be~?? I’d like to hear the reason too~ (＾▽＾)